Scythus' EM Application

General

Steam ID:

Steam Community Profile Page Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ScythusReaps/

Current In-Game Alias (E.g.Captain Deston): Scythus

Most Commonly Known Alias (E.g. Deston): Scythus

Are you staff on any other servers within this community?:

Have you been staff on any other communities (If so, please list your position, community, and at least one reference and their SteamID)?: Valkyrie (all versions) - HEM, Gateway- EM, Eclipse- EM, Project V- HEM, Titan Gaming- EM, Colossal- EM, Foray- EM, Imperial TEM (didn’t catch my fancy), Malvite- TMod, Dentist’s Server (Was SWTOR) Event Maker.

How much game time do you have on the server? N/A

What is your current rank in-game? N/A

Are you familiar with the administration mod known as ‘ULX’?: yes I have several years of experience

Do you have a working microphone?: yes

Have you had any bans to date? If so, please explain to us why we should still accept you: been banned from Gateway due to my CO having a disagreement with the owner, we were all banned at 2am when the two of them got in an argument

Do you Understand as an Event Master you are not allowed to abuse your rank outside of the Events you run? of course, an EM does their job and lets Staff do theirs

**Do you have any part Experience as an Event Master?: ** yes please see previous staff roles on servers. I have been staff on servers since around 2014

**What Inspires you to become an Event Master?: ** I have always been an EM and enjoy being able to bring excitement and variety to players experience. As someone who has always had an imagination it makes things far more enjoyable to use that creativity to brighten peoples days.

Do you feel confident in delivering clear and concise briefings and debriefing?: Yes, I have probably conducted thousands by now.

Short Questions

In One Paragraph, please explain why you would like to become an Event Master on DingoRP: I have always been an EM and enjoy being able to bring excitement and variety to players experience. As someone who has always had an imagination it makes things far more enjoyable to use that creativity to brighten peoples days. Dingo RP appears to be a server that will help bring that variety I aim to bring people, with such a supportive and embracive community/staff team I’m sure the ideas and events I bring to the table will be respected.

In One Paragraph, please explain how you will bring new, interesting and creative Event Ideas to the table?: As an extremely experienced EM I have developed a preference for longer and more developed events (much like campaigns) I now barely run standard events however run week long campaigns that have been planned out for around a month. As an experienced player I know what people want in an event, scenic battles, interesting dialogue, larger scale operations and fair but engaging combat to name a few things I will bring to the table

Briefly describe how a “Typical Event” is run (Keep it short, you will provide a more detailed answer further in the application)?: a “Typical Event” require 4 basic parts in order to engage and satisfy players. An introduction to ground the players knowledge, an implication for them to fight and work their way through, a solution presented to them (an objective, bomb, etc) and a conclusion. This is the standard however I like to introduce more variety like data pads, links to other events, bonus objectives and chances for character development.

Scenario’s

Scenario 1: Users are complaining about the quality of the Event you are running despite only being 2 minutes into the Event. You spent almost an hour crafting this event and you were very keen to run it.

Question 1: As an Event Master, how do you react? I inform the players to simply wait on, it can only get better from here and attempt to re-engage them (with story and opportunities not exactly combat). There is no need to get upset or antagonise the playerbase as a bad event is a bad event.

Scenario 2: During your Event, you urgently need to go AFK. You will most likely not return in time to finish the event and it has only been running for 5 minutes.

Question 2: As an Event Master, how do you react? Contact another EM, catch them up on the plan or send it through to them so they may continue it. If desperately needed have a staff member attempt to engage the players with something to do (e.g. establishing an F.O.B, holding out in a position, etc) although this is a last choice sort of situation.

Event Crafting

You must craft your own Event from start to finish (Include Briefing and Debriefing). You are required to use full details such as map, actions (e.g. !model @ “model”), plot twists, etc. Remember to include PassiveRP Elements!

Google Doc link for the Event crafting: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eYrgInOSEdtEv5YV4W4ygSgan7OTKyPGls_SnI3Z4OQ/edit?usp=sharing

please let me know if there are any changes that are necessary, I know this is a rough draft but it was made for a previous server and was only a mock up rather than a proper plan made throughout a week. Questions are welcome as I love to help people understand my thinking :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can’t give a bigger +1 to this amazing lad

+1 Epic Application would be a good fit to EM team

+1 I cant sere anything wrong with this and looks amazing

ACCEPTED :white_check_mark: